Sep 19, 2026

September 19 - Meow, Bark or Talk Like Pirate Day

 

 

The Moose Floatie Booty Adventure!

Ahoy, Mates!

I, Pirate Captain Marvelous am setting sail on Jewel Lake this fine Talk Like a Pirate Day, seeking calm seas and a bit of sunshine.

My mighty vessel? A Moose Floatie with antlers fit for a legend.

Once it was blown up and placed in the water, I leapt aboard (holding on to my paper pirate hat), with grace and finesse.

Next, Jo Jo, tentatively crept onto the slippery plastic..."It moves under my claw pads..." she meowed.

FINALLY - First Mate Nutmeg, with her BONEY flag gripped tightly in her teeth bounded aboard, tail twitching and eyes wide. The Moose swayed scarily from side to side...

“Arrr, steady as she goes!” I, Pirate Captain Marvelous declared.

But Jo Jo, ever suspicious of watercraft, unsheathed her claws for balance and

SCRITCH!

and the Moose began its slow, tragic descent.

As the bubbles rose and dignity sank, Nutmeg the brave leapt into the water and paddled to the front of the boat, barking orders like a seasoned lifeguard.

“Hold fast, Cap’n! I’ve got ye!”

She bit hard into the poor Moose's nose and headed for shore as fast as her legs could paddle!!

Moments later, the soggy crew was safe ashore.

Pirate Captain Marvelous shook the water from his whiskers and sighed.
“Next year,” he said, “we’re plundering dry land.”

The 2 cats and their hairy slobbery sister spent the rest of the sunny and warm afternoon digging holes in the sand of the beach, where the village used to be, looking for buried treasure. Here are some of the treasures we found:

Did YOU have a terrific Meow Like a Pirate Day too?


For a special flashback treat, Layla at Cat Wisdom 101 has posted about Merlin and Nellie's Wedding! 

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Well... that was a Marvellous tale!!! (see what I did there...) Well done to Nutters for saving your furs. Avast ye scallwags, pirates as landlubbers = highwaymen!!! Hugswagswhiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Jo how could you have ever been brave enough to go out on the moose boat on the water! I would never get wet if I could help it. But as I say that I've gotten rained on a few times on the patio in the dark of the morning. Lynn and I are glad the three of you made it back to shore. We are glad that you are taking care of your mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun story. Cats and inflatable things don't go together well. I'm glad you made it to shore before the moose was fully deflated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at the beautiful treasures that you found and we sure do love your moose floatie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A marvelous tale indeed.

    Have a fabulous day. Scritches all around, a smooch to Marvelous Marv and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What marvelous treasures you found and I am sorry to say that we laughed a lot at the craws being busy and making puffs of escaping air! Jo Jo...let mom trim those daggers! Marvelous, that paper hat just did mom in! She loves it! Nutmeg...I am trying to recall if Cinnamon ever went out on a boat like that on Pirate Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pirate Day gang, love that Moose Sailing Ship too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Yikes, that were a skeery watery adventure, ya'll 'bout landed in davey's locker...way worse dan walking th' plank! Ahoy!!! Be careful not to lose all dat booty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an epic adventure and what amazing treasures you found!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Guys, what an epic adventure, we love the art too!! Happy Sunday!!! 😻🐾😻🐾😻

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness me! What an adventure! Still, you are all safe and well - and what a load of lovely loot you found!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, that was unexpected! You came through it, however, and your treasure is a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oona: "Accidental sinking is a constant hazard when a ninja is aboard an inflatable craft. Perhaps that is why pirates hate ninjas so."

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous and slightly scary Pirate Day adventure. Thank DOG, Cinnamon saved the day as well as Marv and JoJo. Wow, you all found some amazing treasures. Will you be sharing with Mom Barb? XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali

    ReplyDelete

This is soooooo exciting! We cant wait to sees what you has to say to us!