Monday, August 10, 2026

August 10 - International Spoil Your Dog Day


 

 Our Peep is very good at spoiling ALL of us! She makes sure we get to play with her, she buys us cool toys and she even gets down and rolls around on the floor with us. I, Marvelous, thought I would ask Nutmeg what she thinks are the 5 ULTIMATE spoils she would like Mom and Alex to do on this specialist of days!

#1 - Sniff Safari

Stopping the car when going for a drive at a brand new spot and letting Me stop and smell every single blade of grass and bit of debris for as long as I want!

#2 - Happy Birthday!

I would like a birthday party every month with paper hats, singing, and a (dog-friendly) "pup-cake"! (And Meatballs for me and the cats) 

 

#3 - Pup Cones

I LOVE it when Mom stops at the local Dairy Queen (or ice cream store) on trips to other communities! It has been a HOT summer and I LOVE getting these special treats!


#4 Facials

When Mom washes her face and puts on sunblock in the morning, she wipes and massages MY face (and sometimes my MARVELOUS) face, just like she does with her sun block. It feels so terrific! 

 #5 Shopping Spree

Getting to go INSIDE the pet store. The one in the closest big town has a box near the door that is full of et their Dogs have whichever squeaky toy she sniffs first!


 

12 comments:

  1. I like the way you thing, Nutmeg! We have had a heat wave here for DAYS and we haven't been walking. Today - we get to walk☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fabulous things for a doggo to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutmeg, you have indeed found the right home for you. What love and what fun and what treats! Keep living the good life and give Marv and Kozmo (heartbroken as he is ) and my BFF Jo Jo a wavy and a meow from me. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think those are great ways to celebrate Spoil Your Dog Day! Around here I feel like every day is Spoil the Walter Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Java Bean: "Ayyy, I am 100% behind Spoil Your Dog Day!"
    Lulu: "Me too!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spoiling our pups is a good thing. Well done.

    I linked this post to Awww Mondays.

    Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to the furbabes, a smooch to Marvelous Marv and a big hug to mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, we want those 'spoilers' too! We are spoiled every day our petcretary says...but of course we need more, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ziggy my dog is spoiled everyday ~ wonderful suggestions on post ~ thanks ~ Hugs ^_^

    https://anartistreflects.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. And...isn't today your Gotcha Day?? Another great excuse to be spoiled!! Happy Gotcha Day, Nutmeg!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great spoilers, but a birthday every month would make it not so special. I'd stick to once a year on it and maybe pick a different holiday to celebrate each month instead.

    ReplyDelete

This is soooooo exciting! We cant wait to sees what you has to say to us! BTW, we have turned off restrictions. We are going to see if our brief hiatus turns off the Marijuana Spam