Friday, July 26, 2024

Today is My Birthday!

 

 

This year, I got Dall-E3 to bake my cake! He did a terrific job (except there were 10 candles on the cake and he could NOT figure out how to change the number (he could add more though!).

It has been a long time since I was born on the streets of Tehran! Then a year (and a few days later) I Moved to Canada! To celebrate this day, I am reposting my first post (from my old blog that got hijacked).

Today, I am eating tuna steak and drinking Nip Tinis on the Deck!


 

I’ve arrived…and to prove it, I’m here!

The last few days have been stressful. I went from a cat who lived in a tiny barren room 3 days ago, to flying 6,675 miles from Iran to Vancouver!

trip

The flight was longer. We had to change planes in Frankfurt Germany. I was brought over by a very nice man and I was in a cat carrier and under the seat. I was a good cat. I was quiet and well behaved.

When we got to Vancouver, we had to wait. The customs people had to look at me and it was a long walk to where my new Mommy was to get me! I was afraid! Everything is so very loud! And she had to leave me in my carrier as it was a long walk to her car! Then it was a half hour before we got to my new home.

When I got there, I was greeted by a big dog nose smelling my carrier!!!

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

I hissed! I have not met any dogs! This enormous beast scared Me!!! My new Mommy realized that I was hungry, exhausted and thirsty. She took me right upstairs to the bedroom, closed the door to keep the other animals out.

Mommy left me alone with a water fountain, lots of yummy food and a nice clean litter box and she went back to work.

When she got home, she opened the door and that horrible dog bounded in! Mommy grabbed it as it lunged towards me with its teeth barred! I did what all cats do! I launched myself towards the threat!

Marv4

I sank my teeth in deep to give the killing blow, but then I realized that it was my new Mommy’s hand! I retreated to the window sill!

marv2

I was crest fallen! I had hurt my new Mommy! She was not angry though. She shooed the fearsome beast out of the room and ran lots of cold water on her hand. While we were distracted by the fearsome beast…the 2 cats who had been poking their paws under the door came in to greet me!

Marv1

They were NOT afraid of the fearsome beast! They were not afraid of me…but I am afraid of them! I did not hiss, but I made low growls. Mommy knew I was scared and she shooed them out of the room too. She talked to me quietly and she apologized about all the noise and excitement. She said she would be extra vigilant at making sure all the greetings happened when I wanted them to and not before!

marv-3

I am sure we will become friends when I am less scared.

Marvelous!

Is it not funny that now Kozmo and Jo Jo are my bestest furrends! I still hiss at Cinnamon and  now there is a new fearsome beast that I must contend with! And I still have all of you in my life! Thank YOU all for being a part of my life! 

Purrs Marvelous



19 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    Oh happiest of happy birthdays to you, dear Marv!!! May there be many more to come and that during those years, you might find a little more love for Connie. Hugs and whiskeries YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 8th birthday, Marv! I am very glad that you got your wonderful forever home. It was worth the long journey to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing your story again, I knew it but had forgotten the details . You were very brave and still are and I am so happy you love your feline siblings and can exist with Cinnie even hissing now and then.. Love you Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE! We hope your day is epically epic! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‚πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Marv, we are so happy to celebrate yer birthday with you. You put up with a lot those early days, but you are King of the hill now and we are glad to see you today all happy and content. Doggies aside, we think you got the best end of the deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing and terrific story you have Marv. Happy Birthday from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Marv. You sure had quite a journey to reach your forever home. We're glad everything worked out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Marv!!!! we did not know that you iz an immagrint, we r gladz dat yoo r here!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. happee birth day two ewe dood N heerz two a grate yeer a head filled
    with perch, flounder, bloo gil, salmon, trout and donutz ‼️πŸ’™πŸ˜ΊπŸŸ

    ReplyDelete
  10. S'pose I'd hiss at you too, sorry. But it's cause I hiss at every furry and every human, it's just me. But anywayz, mine Mommy says since it's Your Day I should be nice cause you are nice and you are special (maybe some day I'll learn to be nice ... tee hee, I'm already special) ... so I am sending you my purrs (no hisses) and some smoochies on the nose, a friendly tail swish, and from both of us: HAPPY BIRTH MARV-MAHVELOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Marv! We would hiss at a woofie too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday sweet Marv! We are both Leos. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Marv and many more to come!!!

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your first post and wish you many, many happy returns of the day! (And that Nutmeg mellows into less of a "nut" and more of a "meg".)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy belated birthday, Marv! We are so sorry we are late getting here, but our dad said he wished you a happy birthday from us all on Facebook . We love you, and are so glad you're so loved and happy after the amazing journey to your forever family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charlee: "Happy belated big oh-eight, Marv!"
    Chaplin: "Many happy returns!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, shucks!~ I missed your birthday, Marv...so: Happy Belated Birthday Greetings to YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

This is soooooo exciting! We cant wait to sees what you has to say to us!