Friday, February 17, 2023

Marv and Ziggy on Artsy Caturday

We have a life size cloth, stuffed parrot that my Gramma Joy bought in Haiti 40 years ago. He lived in her Jungle (she had a zillion house plants) and when Gramma Joy passed away 25 years ago, Ziggy went to live with my human brother. Now Ziggy lives at our house. Usually he is in the other bay window, but since Christmas, he has been hanging out in our Cat Bay Window. Several of our neighbors have asked if he is a real bird! 

This week, I thought Ziggy & Me (On The Cat Tree) In The Cat Window would make a terrific piece of Art.

Furrst I tried an Abstract Effect using BeFunky. I'll have to go back and play around a little more, I found the interface a little groncky and could not get the colors or the effects I wanted, but I did like how some parts of it came out.

So I went back to good old Photoshop and ran some filters and did some layering and I am quite happy with the result

And I Made a puzzle!

preview120pieceArtsy Marv & Ziggy 

AND now we are going to post our link on the excellent Caturday Art linky that is run by the exceptional Artist Marie and her muse and subject Athena! We LOVE their Art! And we love both of them! Click their button to be taken to their blog.

24 comments:

  1. That is a HUGE parrot!! You aren't scared of it?? Maybe when you first saw it, but now you are used to it.

    Love the art, and thanks for the puzzle.😺πŸ₯°

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh I think I might have fallen in love with Ziggy... and LOVE that second art rendering of you together!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that 2nd effect. Your tree almost blends into the background and it looks like you are levitating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marv, that that giant blue bird looks too powerful and smart for it to end up in the roasting pan. I've heard you have to stay away from their powerful beak and it looks like you have safely done that. Lynn and I both love the color blue and aqua so we think your artwork is just purrfect. Of course I have no bird in the house I just have to look out the window at all the ones that are eating bird food in our yard, the little bit that I'm awake. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Yes. The "artists eye" knows, and you captured it ... worked your magic, the aqua-blues were just right,
    squawk squawk on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Supurr art dude, we are really feeling the vibe on the second artsy effect! We wish mew a supurr weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The watercolor effect is pretty!
    Thanks for the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool bird you have keeping you company, Marv. We enjoyed doing the puzzle too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our pups would freak out if they saw that beautiful parrot in the window!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! We like the word "groncky" too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both arty effects look great and that is a nice big parrot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful bird! Hope you have all been keeping well. We survived camp! More on our adventures this week. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Ziggy are looking mighty artsy together Marv!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your art. Thanks for the puzzle. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great souvenir the bird was, i'm glad it's still around. You did a fabulous job "artifying" it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marv, you and Ziggy sure are photogenic! Thanks for making a puzzle, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good old Photoshop! And your mom is a PS maven! TW loves stuffies and I'm glad so does your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have a huge BIRD! Wow! Ands what supurrb art this week, Marv!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Ziggy is amazing not as amazing as you Marv we like you in the reddish and brown colour in the 2nd photo. Hugs & Purrs. Mom & Spike. XπŸ˜»πŸ’—πŸΎπŸˆ‍⬛

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charlee: "Great selfie, Marv! Good job getting up higher than the bird!"
    Chaplin: "We've heard that parrots live for a long time, I guess it's true ..."

    ReplyDelete

This is soooooo exciting! We cant wait to sees what you has to say to us!