We are making Nachos! This means we are making 2 recipes as our human brother has some allergies. Because he is allergic to Tomatoes, Mom makes Salsa Verde. We grew a bunch of Tomatillos last summer and we diced them all and put them in freezer bags so they could make it fresh throughout the winter. We are including the Salsa Verde Recipe along with the the Nacho recipe!
||1. 2 Cups Diced Tomatillo|
2. 1 Fresh Lime Juiced (Approx 3 Tbsp)
3. 1 Diced Jalapano**
4. 1/2 Diced Yellow Pepper (or any color)
5. 1/2 Cup Italian Parsley
6. 2/3 Cup Diced Onion
7. 4 cloves Garlic Processed with Lime Juice
8. 1 Can Green Chiles
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tbsp Vinegar
Additional water (if desired)
4. Add the diced ingredients to a food processor along with, cilantro, garlic, salt, lime juice, vinegar.
Process the ingredients
5. Pulse several times to a coarse puree.
6. Stir in more water, lime juice or vinegar to taste and to thin if desired.
7. Chill through in refrigerator in an airtight container.
You want the salsa to sit for a while so the flavor intensifies. We usually make it the day before.
- **If you don't like spicy food you can omit the jalapeno or, to make it more mild, remove the seeds before adding to the food processor. If you like it really spicy leave the seeds or double up on the jalapeno.
- Don't over process the salsa verde. You want it to be slightly chunky and have good texture!
We have put the extra salsa in single size serving containers. These can be kept in the fridge for up to a week or frozen. The salsa in the jar will be used for making the Nachos!
- 1 cup cooked spiced meat
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar, Jack, Havarti, Mozzarella you choose or mix them up)
- Sliced green onion
- Package tortilla chips
- Sour cream
- Optional sliced olives
- Line a cookie sheet or a 13"x9" cake pan with aluminum foil
- Add a layer of chips, 1/2 the meat mixture, some salsa 1/2 the cheese
- Add a second layer of chips, 1/2 the meat mixture, some salsa 1/2 the cheese, sprinkle with some sliced green onions (and olives).
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
- We serve with bowls and sour cream.
- This is a messy dish! Make sure you have plenty of napkins!
We definitely are NOT wordless today, but we are going to join Wordless Wednesday.
We are pawticipating in Comedy Plus' Wordless Wednesday! You can click on Sandee's button to be magically taken to her blog!