Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Poetry and Gratitude in the Morning

 This week we are furry happy to be pawticipating in Sam's Poetry Corner at Two Spoiled Cat. 

You can click on his button to be taken to their blog!

This Thursday's image

 
And here is our poem!
 
The dawn is rising over the hill
As I walk beneath the trees
The new grass smells fresh beneath my feet
The sky's a deeper shade of grey
Reminding me I can endure
Any hardship I'm put through
The birds are singing among the trees
Soon the flowers will bloom again
I can feel Spring is coming
It's blowing in the wind
Days like this don't just happen
They're gifts from time to us
To let us know what we've forgotten
And most every day is good
Only sometimes misunderstood
================================================

Thankful Thursday

We LOVE thankful Thursday. It is the day we express our gratitude, and we have so much to be grateful for. The blog hops where we can visit old and new furrends, the people who run the hops, those who stop by our blog and those who leave us comments. We are grateful for YOU my furrend!

We are especially thankful to Brian and Family for hosting the Thankful Thursday Hop! 

 
We are happy cats and dog! Today we want to tell you how grateful we are for our Morning and its routine. We wake up each morning happy! Cinnamon gently wakes Mom up by kissing her eyes. Mom has been trying to get us to sleep a little later. We used to get Mom up at 6. Mom is grateful that we now let her sleep until 7. Mom gets out of bed and the first thing she does, is let Cinnamon outside to do her business. Cinnamon is grateful she can come in and sleep on her sofa.


I, Marvelous greet Mom with my E!E!E! and weave between her legs guiding her to the cat food cupboard! I am grateful that I get wet food with warm water! I will eat and then I will return to my place in the front bay window where I can watch the birds, the deer, the dogs, the people and the racoons.


Kozmo patiently waits for Mom to make the bed, get dressed, brush her teeth, turn on the coffee, get out her parka , get Cinnamon's collar and leash, put on her boots. He is grateful he can go for walks with Mom and Cinnamon. He runs to to door to be the first out. When they get back, he comes in and has his breakfast. He is also grateful that I leave him food to eat.
 
 
Jo Jo is grateful that during the mornings she has the bedroom to herself. She does not get out of bed until MUCH later (usually she is still in bed until it is the Lunch walk). Then she comes out and is grateful that Kozmo and I have left her food. If we have not, she lets Mom know and she is grateful that Mom will get her more!
 
Are you gratedul for your mornings too?






30 comments:

  1. that is very touching pawem.... we pondered about that today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words of optimism. I haven't had "new grass... fresh under my feet" in forever. You have gorgeous cats. I'll show them to my son who is the cat person between the two of us. Thanks for the visit over to my nook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, we LOVED hearing about how you start your day......my Mom says your Mom is lucky that she gets to sleep until 6 or 7 because I get my Mom up at 3AM. Yep in spite of Mom's best efforts to sleep later I am FIRM about "up and at em" !! Secondly, we love the poem this week - it's moody and wonderful and captures the spirit in the photo perfectly! Thank you for joining in our fun on Thursdays.

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  4. To steal dad's line I'm grateful for every day I wake up and breathe. How sweet to read about how y'all start your day. Thanks for sharing. That's a cool picture and your poem is wonderful. Dad says he sees something much more sinister. Sometimes I wonder about him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely poem! I see it as viewing the light reappearing after the nightmare of Covid.
    You all have a lovely morning routine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very fitting poem this morning for me. Because I've been hearing the birds sing as if it really is spring lately. All of you Lovely Pets have such fun morning habits. Precious makes me get up at 5:30. All the days of sleeping all the way until 6:30 or a distant memory.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really busy routine. We love our morning routine too, but at our house it is the Mom who insists on getting up at 5 every day. Us furry ones would love to sleep in until 6 or 7. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    Well, you managed to find the spring in the photo that I mentioned to HiC I thought might be missing!!! Bravo. And your morning routine sounds just puurrrrrfect &*> Hugs wags whiskeries YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice poem. Dawn is the best time to get up, watch for the sunrise, hear the birds singing and smell the fresh morning air. You all are very good and thoughtful, allowing Mum to sleep a little later without disturbing her. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a really good poem and we enjoying hearing about your morning routines! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I move to your home and just stay in bed until I am hungry !with the lockdown I become more and more lazy !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Start each day with a grateful heart...and Cinnamon how sweet to wake mom up so gently.
    Barb your poem is beautiful,
    I send out a hearty invitation to Spring to feel free to come early.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. the poem fits the feel of the photo perfectly. and it is oh so true. love it.. we are grateful for our mornings too... we have a routine just like you do, excpet we have a singing dog that tells us when and where and what to do. but then he has NO siblings so is a might spoiled

    ReplyDelete
  14. i keep forgetting to tell you how much I like your header. each time i see it I SMILE

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love your poem and yes, we're grateful for mornings because that's when we have that first meal of the day. It's always good to start the day with food.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful message in your lovely poem ~ love the photos of the furpersons ~ especially your doggie ~ Xox

    Moment by moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mom makes your mornings most special and you make hers very special too. Working together is a wonderful thing.

    Love the poem.

    Have a purrfect and woof woof Thankful Thursday. Big hug to the mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful uplifting poem! Cat Dad is our morning man in charge, I tend to move a bit slower at that time of day. I am the woman in charge when it's bed time, everyone gets an extra chin scritch and some crunchies and fresh water to last them until morning. Then my snugglers pile on top of me once I'm settled in for the night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We really like that poem. A nice take on a somewhat dark image. Great thankfuls too

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great poem. Nice to learn everyone's routine in the morning. You are all blessed. My Joanie licks my eyelids and that sandpaper tongue hurts. XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice poem, we are certainly hoping for spring soon too! And very enjoyable pictures today!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such lovely things for each and everyone of you to be thankful for!

    Purrs,
    Tama and Genji (and woofs from Ollie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your poem. Our mornings start at 6 AM when it is still dark outside and pretty quiet except for the occasional train whistle in the distance. First item of business is feeding the cats who patiently await my awakening, but I better not sleep in!

    ReplyDelete
  24. guyz....what a total lee awesum post all round !! troo lee :) ♥♥♥

    and mumz poem iz awesum...her did a grate job with thiz weekz foto !! :) ♥♥

    stay happee N healthee N safe ~~~~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Can't wait for spring. I enjoy the mornings - a new day, a new beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  26. A soulful poem and love all the sentiments it sends out.

    You all seem to have different morning routines, but they seem to weave together quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for that awesome poem. We tip our tail to you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a wonderful morning routine! Do you know I've never rubbed on TW's legs while she's getting my food ready. She might be grateful for that since she doesn't trip over me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your poem is lovely, and so is the morning routine. It's wise to have a good one, it sets the tone of the day.

    ReplyDelete

This is soooooo exciting! We cant wait to sees what you has to say to us!