Saturday, August 14, 2021

My Gottcha Day and a Selfie!

 Hi Guys! What a summer! Between the heat, fires, illness and the passing of Mom's Aunt, we have not really been blogging much. We have our claws crossed that everything goes wonderfully for the rest of the year. Did you know that Artsy Caturday was my Gottcha Day?

Mom has been so discombobulated that she forgot until we got this WONDERFUL CARD from Angel Timmy, Toby, Rumpy, Einstein and Miss Fitz at Timmy Tom Cat Commentary.

Needless to say, Mom was furry chagrined that she had forgotten this very special day! She did not have anything special planned or even a post. I asked if we could repost my very first one as it resides on my original blog. Mom thought that was a terrific idea!

I’ve arrived…and to prove it, I’m here!

The last few days have been stressful. I went from a cat who lived in a tiny barren room 3 days ago, to flying 6,675 miles from Iran to Vancouver!

trip

The flight was longer. We had to change planes in Frankfurt Germany. I was brought over by a very nice man and I was in a cat carrier and under the seat. I was a good cat. I was quiet and well behaved.

When we got to Vancouver, we had to wait. The customs people had to look at me and it was a long walk to where my new Mommy was to get me! I was afraid! Everything is so very loud! And she had to leave me in my carrier as it was a long walk to her car! Then it was a half hour before we got to my new home.

When I got there, I was greeted by a big dog nose smelling my carrier!!!

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

I hissed! I have not met many dogs! This enormous beast scared Me!!! My new Mommy realized that I was hungry, exhausted and thirsty. She took me right upstairs to the bedroom, closed the door to keep the other animals out.

Mommy left me alone with a water fountain, lots of yummy food and a nice clean litter box and she went back to work.

When she got home, she opened the door and that horrible dog bounded in! Mommy grabbed it as it lunged towards me with its teeth barred! I did what all cats do! I launched myself towards the threat!

Marv4

I sank my teeth in deep to give the killing blow, but then I realized that it was my new Mommy’s hand! I retreated to the window sill!

marv2

I was crest fallen! I had hurt my new Mommy! She was not angry though. She shooed the fearsome beast out of the room and ran lots of cold water on her hand. While we were distracted by the fearsome beast…the 2 cats who had been poking their paws under the door came in to greet me!

Marv1

They were NOT afraid of the fearsome beast! 

They were not afraid of me…

but I am afraid of them! 

I did not hiss, but I made low growls. Mommy knew I was scared and she shooed them out of the room too. She talked to me quietly and she apologized about all the noise and excitement. She said she would be extra vigilant at making sure all the greetings happened when I wanted them to and not before!

marv-3

I am sure we will become friends when I am less scared.

Marvelous!

=================================================

I DID make furrends with the other cats - Kozmo, Jo Jo and Ninja!  The fearsome beast - Cinnamon - I still don't like her a lot, but I don't hide or run away or try to whap her. I LOVE my Mom and home here in Midway and I am a fearsome hunter of Rodents in the wilds of our yard!

And here is my Selfie for my Gottcha Day and today's Selfie Sunday! I wanted everyone to see how I have grown up!

I am celebrating my gottcha day at Selfie Sunday at The Cat On My Head

You can click their button to be magically taken to their blog! It is Selfie Central and it is the 7th Anniversary of Selfie Sunday They are having a pawty to celebrate!



35 comments:

  1. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv!! That sure was a special homecoming for you way back then! Love how you have become a sleek and handsome kitty...not that you were not before, but now you are relaxed and happy, not scared and stressed.

    We too hope the rest of the year will be a whole lot less eventful..even boring, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marv you had QUITE a journey and Mom says she remembers that whole adventure - you had such a HUGE "life change" and went through a very long trip to be with your new family. We were so happy for you then and are still very happy for you now. Sending you a GOTCHA HUG and a special one for your Mom who saw what a special boy you were and brought you to your new home so very far away.

    Love, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Oh my word, what a thing to forget. Do forgive your mama though - that shows maturity too! Hope you have a lovely day together now she got her focus on it. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv! It was nice to read about your arrival in your forever home again. I hope things improve for your mum and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a journey you had, Marv, and we know that you have the bestest home ever! Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing life you have lived Marv. And that trip Halfway Around the World to be with your new family is so amazing to read about. So glad you've made up with your new furry family and of course we know you love your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marv, a truly, happy Gotcha day ,darling boy. I remember every bit about it. You have become a stable, handsome, and wonderful mancat. Your mom did an amazing job helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv, you handsome, handsome marvelous mancat!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv ! We're so happy you found your wonderful forever home ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Gotcha Day Marv. You are a lucky ManCat to have traveled so far to find a wonderful family (even though they were scary at first!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marv Happy Happy Day that marked the best days of your life moving forward.
    Boy oh boy did you get some air miles.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. happee pirogi marv!!! a potato and cheeze wun!!! wif melty butter and sour creem

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Gotcha Day Marv!! You had quite a journey, and you look grand in your picture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great story, Sunday Selfie, and happy Gotcha Day Marv!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We sure remember your journey to your new home Marv and we were so glad you made it safely. Happy Gotcha Day Marv!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That was quite a journey! Happy Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a journey!

    We are so happy that you found your lovely forever home.

    Happy Gotcha Day!

    Purrs xx
    Athena and Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Gotcha Day Marv! We are so glad you liked your card and played your first day again. What a long trip that was and we know there was more work before that. Your Mom sure loved you from the start. We wish Dad was still here as he played a part too dear pal.
    You are a Success Marv and if you can do it so can others! Lets all work to help those who need homes. Even if you cannot take someone in donate a little time or money. Just a dollar helps. Volunteer if you can. Together we can put an end to homeless cats! Love you Marv and Family!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Gotcha Day.
    Hope your year is a lot less stressful
    Your selfie Marvelous
    Crystal, Angel Tigger,& Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv! That sure was quite a journey and exciting start to your new life so many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Gotcha Day Marv ! We are glad you have settled in so well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy gotcha day, Marv! We sure love you a lot, and are glad you found such an amazing and loving home with Mommy, Kozmo, Jo Jo, Ninja, Cinnamon and Alex. XO

    ReplyDelete
  23. I remember your arrival Marv, and the excitement.I remember looking at your journey and thinking WOW and I am so proud of you now. I remember the time you ran away too, it was only a short time but you caused such worry eh? I am so glad you came to live with your Mom .

    Happy Gotcher Day Marv.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Marv and happy happy gatcha day! Whoa... what an amazing long trip you made! :)

    Pinot xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv! You are so lucky to have been gotten in such a great home with a great mom even if it took you a little while to settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! You traveled a long way to get to your forever home. Have a great Gotcha Day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a journey! Wishing you a purrfect Gotcha Day and many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wishing you many, many happy returns of your Gotcha Day!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv!!! We have only recently met you, so we truly enjoyed your repeat of your first post. We are glad that you are now friends with the rest of the family furries. And we think your Selfie is amazing!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Gotcha Day Marv! You *are* marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I hope your mom is okay. You had a terrible Friday the 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy belated gotcha day, Marv!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You had such a long journey, and you found such a wonderful home. Happy Gotcha Day, Marv!!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  34. dood....we rememburr how ya had ta fliez 135,966,093 milez !!! a MOST HAPPEE gotcha day two ewe buddy; we iz late with theez wizhez, but they still hold troo....heerz two a yeer a head filled with happeez and healthee and gettin in trubull ;) ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

This is soooooo exciting! We cant wait to sees what you has to say to us!